Thursday, May 6, 2010

Brown Sugar & Ginger Chicken with Vegetables



I stole this recipe from Giada At Home and changed it up a little bit. Karl LOVED it, I thought it was a little too sweet. Anyway, it turned out pretty good, I would probably use less sugar and maybe add some soy sauce next time.

4 Chicken Thighs cut into 1 inch pieces(The kind I bought had skin and bone in so I had to cut the skin off and pull the bone out. Kind of a pain in the ass but they are cheap)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tbl butter
1 Tbl chopped fresh ginger
a few peeled and cut potatoes
a few peeled and cut carrots
a handful of chopped fresh parsley (keep half for garnish)
cayenne pepper (depends on how hot you want it)
Cajun seasoning
black pepper
3/4 cup water

Melt butter in large skillet, add brown sugar. Cook until bubbly and it starts to turn dark. Add chicken and cook until done or close to it. Add your potatoes, carrots, spices, and water. Cover and simmer about 20-30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with the rest of your parsley!

1 comment:

  1. Yum...this would be good over brown rice. And agree, less sugar. I like that you use chicken thighs b/c they're my favorite part of the bird. And when it comes to shopping for free range/ethical chicken, it's relatively cheap.

    ReplyDelete